Joining the Church
Every person that is part of the life our church is eligible for membership. It is worth noting that you do not need to be a member in order to participate in our activities, our community service, or our worship. Instead, we look at membership as an opportuntiy to affirm that this is the faith community that God has called you to.
We also have membership vows that are rooted in the United Methodist tradition. As a community, we covenant together to accept the freedom and power God gives us to resist evil, injustice, and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves. By joining our church, this is what you would also be saying about your faith:
- That you believe in Jesus Christ
- That you are willing to serve God
- That you acknowledge we all sin and are in need of God’s grace.
From there, here are the things you would be committing to:
- Prayer – that you’ll practice prayer throughout the week, and keep
our church, it’s leaders, and all those we come in contact with in prayer throughout the week.
- Presence – that you’ll participate in worship (online or in-person) on a consistent basis.
- Gifts – that you’ll support the church through volunteering your time,
your voice, and your financial support.
- Service – that you’ll be willing to enter spaces where you can share
God’s love with others in our church, our neighbors in the community,
- Witness – that you’ll live a life that bears witness to God’s love and
- Growth – that you’re willing to grow as a person of faith, and grow in community with those around you (online or in-person) and with God,
and help us grow our influence through invitation with our neighbors.
If you have any questions about these vows, or if you feel comfortable with them, you can contact Pastor Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to meet together. You can also fill out our demographic membership information online ahead of time.
You can also find copy of our membership information in printable form here.